Monday 2 May 2011

Getting Into Photography

So, I'm relatively new to all of this, but I enjoy learning and I am excited to learn through practise. My Dad used to be very into photography, so he helps me along when I get stuck.
I have recently bought a Canon EOS 550D, with a Canon EFS 15-55mm lens and a Canon EFS 55-250mm lens, with a clear glass filter on both.
I am also interested in trying film photography, so when my Dad finds his old film SLR (vintage from the 80's) I will start trying to figure that out too. :)
So, to start with, here is a couple of images that I took in december '10, when it was very snowy, and therefore pretty. These were taken with my old camera, a Fujifilm Finepix S2000 HD, which can be considered a 'mini DSLR'.
Also, I can credit my best friend, Tamar, for getting me interested in photography. Type 'Tamar Smith Photography' into google, she is the ephotozine account that comes up as the first thing on the list. Seriously, check her out, she's really good. :)
Tamar is not the only awesome photographer I know, but I don't know the links to anyone else's portfolios. If I find anymore, I will point you in the right direction. :)




Please comment on my photos, I always appreciate helpful hints. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment